June 1st has been the day we have been planning on for a couple weeks. My doctor, Dr. Bitner, scheduled me for an induction at 0715 that morning. The night before we made sure the house was spotless and everything was done! About 0245 the morning of June 1st Lilly, my dog, woke me up to go outside. Well of course after that I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and went and layed on the couch. About 0400 I started getting really bad contractions.... They just kept getting worse and worse. So I decided to get in the warm bath to see if that would help at all. The contractions just kept getting closer together and more intense. About 0515 I decided it was time to wake up Mitch because I was unsure if we were going to have to go in earlier than scheduled. Around 0600 my contractions stopped. Due to me not getting very much sleep I told Mitch I was going to lay down and to wake to wake me up in an hour so we could go to the hospital. Mitch lost track of time so we ended up getting to the hospital around 0730. By 0810 my nurse had started my IV and started my pitocin. Dr. Bitner came in around 0830 to check me and see where we were at... I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. He wanted to try and break my water but couldn't quite get to it. OUCH WAS THAT PAINFUL!!! Around 1100 I was told it was okay for me to get my epidural, boy did Mitch think that was the coolest thing! Well by 1230 I had progressed to about a 4 and the doctor came in and broke my water in hopes that it would help me move along faster.... By late afternoon I was still only at a 5. As 6pm rolled around Dr. Bitner checked me again and I was only a 6. He sat down and explained to me that by now with my contractions being regular I should be dilating quicker and moving alot a little faster than I was. He said they were going to check me every hour and if I don't dilate 1cm every hour we might end up doing a C-section. He said he could feel the baby's head as it was down in the canal right were it was suppose to be but with me not progressing it could put her in distress. At 7:30 a new nurse was on shift and came in to check me... She told me I was at a 7! We were all excited that I was still progressing. An hour later when she checked me I hadn't progressed. Dr. Bitner came in around 9pm and told me the same thing, I was still at a 7 and we were going to have to do a c-section to get my baby out without any problems! He was so nice about it and said "lets go have ourselves a baby!" By this time I was so tired and exhausted! I was emotional and not prepared to have a c-section but was ready to get my baby here happy and healthy!
Aftyn Deanna Bowman made her appearance at 9:41 PM, she weighed 6lbs 15.5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches! She has lots of dark hair and is the most beautiful baby!!

4 comments:
Hooray!!
Congrats! I am glad everything went well. She looks just like wendy.
She is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys! Mitch looks like such a great daddy!
Post a Comment